Friday, September 17, 2010

Coconut Banana Popsicles

A few months ago, I had the most delicious coconut popsicle.  I think I ate the whole box of them all by myself.  The idea then popped into my head that I could probably make them, so I went on the lookout for a recipe.  I found some that involved eggs, but I'd prefer not to do it that way.  After a little research, I stumbled upon this recipe from someone from Columbia.  The popsicles I got from the store were from Mexico, so I figured they had to be pretty close.  While I was making them, my oldest son requested banana pops, so I thought, why not add some in there?  I added two, but, after trying them, I think one probably would have been sufficient.  This recipe has some great potential.  I bet it would also be good with some rose water or lavender mixed in.

Coconut Popsicles

Ingredients

(6 – 8 popsicles depends on your molds)
1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk
1 can (13.5 oz) condensed milk
½ cup milk
¼ cup heavy cream
¾ cup unsweetened coconut
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract 
1-2 bananas


Directions

1.    Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.  Feel free to stir in some more coconut for added yumminess.
2.    Divide evenly into ice pops molds. Seal and freeze until ready, about 4 hours.

1 comment: